Taxonomies for creating databases for taxonomic groups other than birds.
- In AviSys, create a new empty dataset. Switch to the dataset to initialize it; at first it will contain a copy of the bird taxonomy. Then close AviSys.
- Download the file into the folder for the new dataset. Rename it as MASTER.UPD.
- Open AviSys and switch to the new dataset. Also switch to world mode.
- Under the Utilities menu, select Update Master Checklist (from update file) and follow the prompts. AviSys will shut down.
- When you restart AviSys and switch to the new data set, AviSys will do a couple more initializations and then the dataset will have the new taxonomy.
- In non-bird datasets, World Mode and N.A. mode are the same.
- Moths. Contributed by David Trently.
- Herps. Contributed by Arie Gilbert.
- Butterflies. Contributed by Arie Gilbert.
- Mammals. Contributed by Arie Gilbert.
- Odonates. Contributed by Arie Gilbert.
Here is a link to another page that references some other taxonomic data sets.
I know nothing about these taxonomies beyond what is on this page, and I definitely do not provide any support for them: